Living traditions and intimate connections between man and nature are encouraged in Costa Rica.
Episode 1: CONNECTED WITH THE EARTH– The Bribri tribe efforts to maintain their original language, traditions, and independence firmly connected with a fully self-sufficient life in the jungle are truly exceptional. The natural respect that the Bribri has for nature was even been adopted by foreigners who settled permanently in Costa Rica.
Episode 2: JUNGLE STORY– The Costa Rica jungle is home to over half a million species. Costa Ricans are well aware of their extraordinary natural wealth, and they protect their treasure with an exceptional range of national parks and protected areas. The jungle can, however, be dangerous.
Episode 3: THE CALL OF THE OCEAN– Costa Rica’s coastline and the sea that bathes it are as sought after as the unbounded nature inland. Despite constant threats of danger, female olive ridley sea turtles return here year after year to lay their eggs… and the baby turtles make their way to the sea to test the strength of the Pacific Ocean currents.
Country: Czech Republic
Year of Production: 2018
Director: Libor Spacek
Producer: Petra Dolezalova
Available Territories: Worldwide excluding MENA and China (till July 2021)
• First Prize in category Nature & Wildlife at 9th Amorgos Tourism Film Festival, Greece
• The Best Regional Film: Central/South America at Wildlife Conservation Film Festival (WCFF) in New York, USA
• Creative Excellence at the Green Awards Festival in Deauville, France 2018
• Best Natural Environment Documentary Film and Best Documentary Film at the China International Green Film Week in Beijing, China
• Best Documentary at the Paragon Film Festival, Los Angeles, USA
• Best Wildlife Tourism Film 2018 at the 7th Zagreb Tourfilm Festival, Croatia
• The Best Foreign Feature Documentary at the Royal Starr Film Festival, Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
• Best Documentary at the 51th International film festival TOURFILM Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic
• Best of the Month and Finalist for 2018 at the Hollywood International Independent Documentary Awards film festival
• First Prize for Best Film at category Eco Tourism at the Istanbul Tourism Films Festival
• 2nd Prize in the category Nature and Wildlife at Finisterra Arrábida Film Art & Tourism Festival in Sesimbra, Portugal